Sunday, January 28, 2018

Oil of oregano: The natural remedy for eczema?

My research for eczema sparked on the night I came back home from the allergist. I stayed up all night because I was determined to find a natural, homeopathic remedy that would be safe for my 4 month old daughter.

After much research on google.com, I came across this blog that gave me a glimmer of hope. There's a cure? What is this natural cure that nobody knows about? Well, after reading the entire post- I was sold. Oil of oregano. This was it. How come nobody knew about this? I was ready to roll up my sleeves and study the properties of oil of oregano. I looked at this website to see why oil of oregano may help my baby's eczema ( copy & pasted some facts from the website ). In a nutshell, here's what I found:
  • Hundreds of laboratory tests and experiments have confirmed the antimicrobial properties of oregano oil.
  • It can effectively stop the growth of all types of pathogen such as bacteria, viruses, parasites and fungi. Many scientists have found that it can kill candida, a fungus that is believed to worsen the condition of eczema.
  • The germ killing ability of this oil lies in its powerful chemical compounds. Oregano oil contains flavonoids, phytochemicals and phenols that can kill all types of harmful microbes. 
  • Carvacrol and thymol are the two main active agents.
This seemed to make sense and I had nothing to lose at this point. I woke up the next morning and went to our local natural vitamin store.  Now that I found a natural remedy, I was determined to find how I could use oil of oregano effectively to get rid of my daughter's eczema. It was time to get it under control and bring back my daughter's skin to "baby butt skin."


No comments:

Post a Comment